Monday 19 November 2007

new works



three new works which were created fo the 'Off the Wall' Cf37art.net group exhibition at the Muni art Centre, Pontypridd South Wales
These new works are a revisit to older ink drawings of mine.
These ink drawings…I don’t quite know where they came from…but for a few months I was compelled to draw them…I see them as little pets, that manifested themselves from somewhere within my being…a psychological reality rather than a real one ,but never the less just as real to me, as once they are created they kind of ‘ live’ ! The little dog ink drawing ( see older posts) became inspiration for a sculptural object that I made.. This object has become quite a pet of mine.. He sits near me at home and has become quite a part of the family.. . And a friend I couldn’t part with! As my work has become more 3 Dimensional now rather than 2 Dimensional, these little pets I imagine will start to manifest themselves more and more in my artwork. I’ve lost so many loved pets and I feel these little beings come to my imagination in a playful way after these pets have been lost to me. Little half domesticated wild things that struggle to be human while still unable to escape their own little animal world.

No comments: